Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Request of One Single Female

I've come to the conclusion that I don't hate Valentine's Day. It just makes me sad. As one of my good friends calls it, it's Singles Awareness Day. As in, as someone who is single, you know that you are single, and, conversely, you know plenty well who is not single.

I have a simple request. For those of us wo are single, and have been our entire lives, a nice hug and a thank you for being such a good friend would be nice. I would ask for a reminder that "my day will come", but that just rubs in the fact of singleness even more.

So here I am, another Valentine's day without a man, but that doesn't make me a lesser person...

For those of you who are single: Happy Singles Awareness Day! Embrace your independence, and know that there are people out there who love you for who you are. For those who are in a relationship: Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy the company you are in, and remember that the best gifts in life are free and wrapped in love and dreams, not ribbons and foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment