Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ramblings of a Tired Mind

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'l be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
I love both of these quotes. They speak of strength of character and being true to yourself. One of things I've learned many times is that you have to be true to yourself before others. When the people around you see that you love what you're doing, then they'll respect you.
Today, and this week, have been kind of stressful. Next week will be worse. And I came to the conclusion that I must not have been in my right mind when I signed-up for the UNC Dance Marathon. I can't stay awake, much less standing, for 24 hours straight. Actually, it's more like you wouldn't want me to because I can get grumpy, and I can only be in a large group of people for a certain amount of time before spontaneous combustion is inevitable. At any rate, I'll try my hardest to survive the ordeal, and I'll know better than to sign-up next year.
I had to go for a walk today. It was one of those days. I went over to the paths that wind about in the woods across the street from Cobb, and let me tell you, nature is the best for relieving stress. I did listen to my iPod which means that I missed out on the best part of nature, the sounds, but I needed my music to take me away from the real world for a while. Now that I feel slightly less stressed, I think that math this weekend might be conquerable...

No comments:

Post a Comment