Sunday, March 22, 2009

They're coming!

So, I talked to the breeder, and it sounds like Candy should have her babies sometime this week!! He said she was really big, so hopefully that means she'll have lots of healthy babies. I know this is her first litter, so hopefully everything works out well and she makes a good mother! Then, about a week and a half after the babies are born, their coats come in, and I'll be able to pick out my Rex and Cody!! I'll put up pictures as soon as I get any, but it probably won't be until the first or second full week of April (maybe...).
The shelves should come in sometime this week, too. I know they were at the delivery warehouse as of Friday, but I don't know when they'll actually be delivered to the Walmart. Once I get the shelves, though, I'll actually start getting all the rat stuff organized.
I also got in touch with Harlan, so I may be able to order my stuff directly through them and have it shipped to the UNC DLAM (Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine). Even if I can't, it's still cheaper to order the Harlan food than it was to buy the Kaytee's Fortidiet, and the Kaytee's isn't formulated for older rats.
I will post as soon as I know that Cody and Rex were born. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment