Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Creativity at its finest...

So, I talked a couple of weeks ago about making liners for the cage. After I made those, I had alot of polar fleece leftover. I had gotten more than I needed in case I messed something up. At any rate, I had a bunch leftover, and wasn't sure what I was going to do with. I finally figured it out. Part of the fleece will go toward lining the travel cage for the rats. This is a recycled hamster cage that I'm getting from my parents. It will only be used while the rats are in the car and while I'm cleaning their cage. I will NEVER use it as a permanent home for them for an extended period of time. I just think the smaller cage will be safer for them to car-travel in, as well as keeping them out of trouble while I'm busy cleaning their cage out for them. Some scraps I tied together into little balls for them to play with. I'll sew it together so they can't pull it apart even though it's all made out of fleece and won't hurt them if they do get it apart. Some will go toward making a bonding pouch. I think it will be fun to have while I'm wokring on homework. The little babies can stay close to me while also staying out of trouble. Another big chunck of the leftover fleece will go toward making tube hammocks. I think these look really neat, so I thought I would make some because they do look so neat. I'll make two of those. And last but not least the rest of the fleece as well as this nesting material stuff from the chube I got will go towards making little pillow beds. I figure I'll make pillow case type things, stuff them with the nesting material and then smaller scraps of fleece to make a nice comfy bed, and then sew it closed. As I said to my boyfriend, I'm going to all this trouble to make as many nice things for these rats, and I bet they'll prefer the tissue box and toilet paper rolls to all the other "fancy" stuff :) Oh well, I like making all the crafty stuff, and it'll make their cage look really exciting :D YAY for an enriching environment!!
PS-any day now my ratties parents should be paired. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment