Sunday, March 01, 2009

The big scary monster

Today was pretty good. I spent most of the day doing work. At 5, I went to some friends' apartment for dinner with my boyfriend. They have a cute little puppy that was so much fun to play with. Though, I think at the end, he wasn't really in the mood to be picked up, but a did anyway and he sort of snipped at me. I don't know why I get bent out of shape over little things like that, but right now I kind of feel like an idiot even though I shouldn't. It's not like he doesn't like me, he just didn't want to be picked up. And maybe I'm embarrassed by it, but I shouldn't be. It happens to everyone. Maybe that's why I prefer rats. They really don't ever bite or get perturbed for that matter, so it seems. They may squeak, but Petey never acted like he didn't want to be held. Sometimes he would rather walk around, but always close to me. I guess I still kind of look like a big scary monster to a tiny puppy :-P At least he won't remember that the next time I see him ;) At any rate, any day now Sphinx and Eve will be paired and then the count down will really begin. So, in about a month, I'll know what my little boys will look like. And then a couple of weeks after that, I'll be picking them up. Granted, it will probably be right before exams. I may be a little stressed out, but having the babies around will be nice!! Another procrastination tool, and maybe these will reduce my feelings of stress due to exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment