Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Day 36: Motivation

It has been a busy five weeks of fellowship.  I feel like the work is never-ending, and even when I do take a break, I feel guilty for it.  I know this will eventually settle down, but for now, it's sapping my motivation to do much of anything.  I kind of want to go find a cave in the woods and disappear for a week to recuperate.  I realize how silly that sounds, but a vacation would be nice.  It's tough, though, because a week of my vacation is going to my honeymoon, and the other two weeks, for now, are being set aside for job interviews.  I am, of course, still trying to figure out where all I am going to interview.  Another thing to add to the growing list of tasks I have little time to get to.  Even if I did take a vacation, I would likely end up using it to do the non-clinical/educational work and career work I need to do.  Efficiency is also not always my forte.  I get distracted, likely in part due to the fact that a brain can only do so much before it needs to process all that's been shoved into it.  Maybe my issue is less a motivation issue and more a super-saturation issue.  This, too shall get better, likely not any time soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment