Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Days 168-169: Sleep

Apparently I have been quite sleep-deprived for a long time.  I have been feeling more and more tired out without really finding a way to reboot.  I have thought I've been going to bed at a reasonable time, but not enough to fully recharge.  I think the emotional drain of palliative care is requiring more of my energy than I realized.  I finally couldn't do anymore and slept 10 hours last night which required me to go to bed at 7:30 PM.  I'm thankful I was able to do that.  I still feel like I have a ways to go before I feel like myself again, but I definitely felt a little more alert today.  I'm fading this evening.  My creative juices are low.  I am also surrounded by sleeping animals which does not help.  Looking forward to no work on Friday!  I'm taking two four-day weekends in a row and hoping to recoup some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment