Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Days 98-99: Time doesn't Slow Down for Nobody

I feel like time is flying by, yet it feels like forever until I take my geriatric boards.  I actually hate that I'm devoting so much time to geriatrics right now that I can't work on stuff for palliative care.  I genuinely wish I could study notes for palliative medicine.  For now, I can focus on palliative care during the day and geriatrics some nights and weekends.  I'm hoping things will settle down to where I can get a better routine in place.

I am trying to intersperse all the work with some fun/downtime.  I went to see the Russian Ballet perform Swan Lake this past weekend.  It was so good.  I love ballet, and was glad to get to spend the time with my parents and Drew.  It's also unreal that we are starting to do serious planning for our wedding.  With wedding, job, and potentially house on the horizon, I feel like in some ways time is flying by.

Weekends in October are full as are the weeks.  I barely feel like I have time to breathe.  I don't remember working this hard and enjoying it this much in the past.  It's exciting and daunting to know that I am going to be starting my first job as a physician in a short period of time.  It's surreal to be on this ledge ready to fall over.

No comments:

Post a Comment