Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Days 87-91: The Wedding

I think I am still recuperating from all the excitement of my sister's wedding this past weekend.  It was so great to see all my family and meet all of my sister's husband's family (that is so weird to type!).  It was a stunningly beautiful weekend, and my sister was radiant.  It was a little nerve-wracking to be the maid-of-honor, and sometimes I wish I had taken in the day more than I did.  There are certain images that will forever be with me, but it truly is hard to really take in all the moments.  I was so afraid that my wedding in 6 months would overshadow hers, but we were able to celebrate hers and still know that we would see everyone again at mine.  It didn't seem to detract from her happiness at all.  I am so thankful to have the sister that I have, even though we sometimes don't see eye-to-eye or fight over things we can't even remember (yep, that has happened).  She is funny, energetic, sweet, supportive.  I hope that I conveyed all that in my maid-of-honor speech.  I spent so much timing stressing over that darn speech!  It is so strange having the complete joy and delight of her wedding bracketed by days full of talking about death and prognosis and serious illness.  While that is going to be my job for life, it was such a stark contrast.  It's also strange going from saying, "I'll worry about [enter item for my wedding here] after my sister's wedding" and now it's after my sister's wedding and I have to start worrying about these things.  I'm excited, but the over-planner in me is a little nervous.  Wish I could take a page from my sister's book and sit back, relax, and enjoy whatever may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment