Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Day 92: 13 weeks

I can't believe I am over 3 months into fellowship.  Some days I feel like I'm still back at the beginning.  I am humbled by how much faith patients and their families have in me.  I also can't believe I'm looking for my first job out of training.  It is surreal.  I don't always feel like I'm ready to take that step.  I worry that I am not good enough.  I worry about how to choose my next job.  What if I make a decision and then realize I want something else?  What if I'm not ready?

I got to hear Patrick Kennedy talk today.  He is a huge advocate for better mental health care in the US which I think is phenomenal.  He really is passionate.  It was exciting to know that he continues to be a huge advocate and use his sway to try to gain more support for the cause.  I hope that he can work to change the current system so that mental health is not stigmatized but viewed as a disease like diabetes or hypertension.  It sounds like he wants to start the process in North Carolina and then spread it to other states.  I am appreciative of the opportunities I have gained through this fellowship.  I hope I do a good job of showing my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment