Sunday, November 26, 2017

Days 140-145: Self Criticism

I am always overly critical of myself.  I had my quarterly review this past week, and I'm apparently right on track.  I have some areas to work on for chart reviews for clinic, and improvements in advancing my communication.  However, I feel like I am so far behind the curve ball.  I feel like I am incompetent.  I feel like there is no way I will be a good faculty member or assistant program director.  I feel like I have fooled people into thinking I can meet expectations.  I seriously have an issue with believing in myself.  It makes it really hard to see myself excelling in any role, even when others can.  I still try my hardest to be the best I can, but I set my goals for myself way higher than is sometimes attainable.  I haven't figured out how to get rid of my perfectionist ways and be content with where I am in the now.  I need to work on some of the self-care activities I'm supposed to be doing (ie. the mindfulness and yoga I'm supposed to have done last month and this month, respectively).  I have a million ideas for some of the things I could do for the narrative medicine/wellness curriculum as faculty.  I have to get myself to believe that I can actually do these things I have ideas to do.  I am thankful to have a support team behind me.  I need to believe the things they say about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment