Saturday, June 30, 2018

Days 356-362: The End and The Beginning

June 29, 2018 was the official last day for my hospice and palliative medicine fellowship as well as my status as the trainee.  In August, I will start as the trainer.  What a daunting task.  Sometimes, I'm not sure I'm ready to be in that role.  I feel like I still have so much to learn myself.  I realized that there is always going to be this sense of need to learn as much as I can.  I am excited for my new role and to know that I am not going to have to do too many weeks of back-to-back consults.  I will have medical students, residents, and fellows working with me.  I will be working to make the home calls a more cohesive group.  I will be working on my narrative medicine expertise as well as my role as a mentor.  I will be teaching bioethics for the brand new medical students.  I am nervous and excited.  Before I get too far ahead of myself, though, I have six weeks of rest and relaxation.  Or at least not going into work and packing to move to a new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment