Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Days 318-330: Silence

I have forgotten to focus on my own self-care recently.  I have spent so much time trying to do so many things, I have forgotten about myself.  I have not exercised.  I have not blogged.  I have not written for fun.  I have not painted, meditated, knitted, crocheted, or sewn anything.  The last thing that resembled self-care that I did was the honeymoon.  Prior to that, it was almost back into February, maybe March.  Even then, it was just exercise for maybe 15-minutes first thing in the morning.

When I don't take care of myself, I don't have the energy for pretty much anything else.  I never feel refreshed.  I don't have the tolerance for BS that I normally do.  I barely have the ability to keep it together for a patient visit.  I lack my normal, bubbly, positive personality.  I can't remember the last time I felt care-free.  I can't remember the last time I didn't care what other people think of me.  I constantly second-guess myself because I don't have the energy to overcome and maintain my self-esteem.  LOML is the only person I feel normal and safe around.  He's the only one that I feel is 100% supportive no matter what the situation.  He is simple in that, as long as we are together, that's all that matters.  Even when I lack the ability to show my love as well as he shows his, he knows that we are a team and supportive of each other.  I love him more than I will ever be able to say or show.

My sensitivity level is way too high right now.  I take any comment or critique that could possibly be construed negatively as such.  The general feeling is that I cannot do anything the way I am supposed to.  Even though it shouldn't really matter what anyone else thinks (so long as I don't cause other people physical, emotional, or psychological harm), I feel like I have obligations I am not meeting.  I want to get to a point where I am not phased by what other people think about me.  I want to not care about it.  Certainly if it is going to cause harm, I would like to know, but otherwise, I want to be able to feel like I have support for the decisions I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment